This Rental Agreement is a legal binding agreement between you, the (Lessee) Guest, Copano Vacation Rentals, and the Home Owner. Once reservation is confirmed by email between yourself and us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as stated below even if we, Copano Vacation Rentals, have not received the signed agreement from you by mail or in person.
• Reservation Requirements if paying by credit card. We accept Visa and Master Card only. There will be a 3% processing charge on the total for use of a credit card. If paying by credit card, 50% of the total rental fee is required when reservation is confirmed. A confirmation by email will be email to you with details of the reservation and payment. The remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to your check-in date. Reservations placed within 30 days of check-in date will require full payment at the time of placing reservation. We only accept payment by credit card (no checks) if making reservation within 30 days of arrival date to allow time for processing. By accepting the terms of this rental agreement, you authorize Copano Vacation Rental Management to automatically charge your credit card on file for your remaining balance unless you make other payment arrangements.
• Reservation Requirements if paying by check. One half of the rent due is required two weeks (14 days) from time of making reservation. Payment for the second half of rent plus cleaning fee will be due thirty days before arrival date. If reservation is made after thirty days, payment will need to be secured by credit card.
• Damage Deposit. If rental payment is made by check, there will also be another check required for $500. and/or up to $1500. depending on home, in case of damage. This check is to be written to Copano Vacation Rental Management and will be returned to you within ten working days, if there is no damage to the property you have reserved. If rental payment is made by credit card, from $500.00 to $1500 may be charged to your credit card for damages; depending on the home. If no damages, no charge will be made. By accepting the terms of this rental agreement, you authorize Copano Vacation Rental Management to automatically charge your credit card on file for up to $500.00 for damage of property. The person who signs the lease agreement is responsible for damages caused by his/her negligence and that of his family or invited guests.
• Upkeep of Premises. Lessee shall keep and maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, and upon the termination of the tenancy shall surrender the premises to Lessor in as good condition as when received. Please take care of the home as if it were your own. If you don’t and it takes us extra time to clean and pick up after you, you will force us to deduct from your damage control deposit for the extra time and effort it takes us to clean. The amount depends on the extra time it takes for us to clean and pick up.
NO ONE IS TO REARRANGE FURNITURE FOR ANY REASON OR MAKE ALTERATIONS TO THE PREMISES INSIDE OR OUT.
• Pets. No pets allowed on or in premises without Rental Managers approval. If approved, Lessee is to pay an additional fee of $30.00 which is non-refundable. It is Lessee’s obligation to pick up all deposits left on premises or while walking pet in neighborhood of said pet and dispose of deposits properly before departure. If not complied with these terms, twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be deducted from damage control deposit check for Rental Manager performing said obligation.
• Smoking. No smoking shall be inside premises. All smoking shall be done outside and cigarettes extinguished in proper cigarette trays furnished by Rental Manager.
• Occupants. All homes have a limit number of guests allowed.. No other overnight or day guests will be allowed on said property without Property Manager’s knowledge and permission.
• Age Limit. No one under twenty-five (25) years of age may reserve any and all homes represented by Copano Vacation Rentals.
• Children. An adult must accompany children at all times when they are anywhere near the water: pools, hot tubs, on the docks, or piers.
• Swimming Pools. No swimming pools are to be brought and put up at home without Rental Manager’s knowledge and permission. If Rental Manager approves, there will be an extra charge, depending on the size of the pool. If there is a pool or hot tub at the home you have reserved, the owner and Copano Vacation Rentals waive all responsibility of any and all accidents occurred in pool or hot tub.
• Kayak, Paddle Boat and/or canoe: If the owner of the home you have reserved has graciously opted to furnish a kayak, paddle boat, and/or canoe, paddles, and life jackets, please be sure to take care of these as if they were your own. Please clean all equipment and put in proper places before you leave. If this is not done, we will be forced to deduct from the damage deposit check for the time we have to spend doing this.
OWNER & RENTAL MANAGER WAIVER ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL ACCIDENTS. USE AT OWN RISK
• Quiet Time. We ask you to be considerate to the neighbors by considering it quiet time from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. That means no loud music or unattended children outside. (Please try not to exclaim too loud when you catch a BIG FISH at 2:00 a.m.)
• BBQ Grill. Most owners have furnished a gas or charcoal grill. You are responsible for the cleaning of grill(s) before departure. If not cleaned, there will be a $50.00 charge to be taken from the damage deposit for each grill we have to clean. If there is a gas grill, and the tank is empty, or needs another tank, you are responsible for filling or replacing tank.
• No Trespassing. All homes, piers, and docks are privately owned. DO NOT trespass onto any other piers/docks, yards, or driveways than said premises.
• No Wake Zone. Please abide by no wake zones in harbor and canal. If using jet skis and/or boats, please move them slowly (no wake) away from pier/dock in consideration of neighbors.
• Fishing Piers. Boats MAY NOT be tied to bay front piers at night or if guests are not at home. Unexpected storms and high winds create large waves and can capsize boats and cause damage to piers. Guests may leave their boat at the owner of Copano Vacation Rentals boat ramp over night with Copano Vacation Rentals owner knowledge and permission. Boats may be safely tied to docks and bulk heads in canals and safe harbors.
• Fish scales, guts and other matter. DO NOT put fish scales, guts, etc. in garbage. Please throw into bay for birds, crabs, etc.
• Returned Checks. Renter will pay a thirty-five dollar ($35.00) fee for all returned checks.
• Cancellations. Cancellations are to be made thirty (30) days prior of reservation date. If not cancelled in advance, the entire amount of the deposit will be retained. All cancellations are subject to a 5% service charge. There will not be any refunds for changes or rescheduling done after 30 days prior to your arrival date.
NO REFUND FOR CANCELLATION WILL BE ALLOWED FOR HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS UNLESS CANCELLED SIXTY DAYS IN ADVANCE OF ARRIVAL DATE.
• Weather & Hurricane. Cancellations are not accepted and will not receive a refund for inclement weather. If there is an actual evacuation called due to a hurricane, there will be a full refund for the days of evacuation only, or reschedule of those days, at renter’s choice.
• Check in and Out Time. Call Copano Vacation Rentals two days in advance of your arrival to ensure when you can check in and out. Normal check in time is 3:00 p.m. However, if no one is checking out the day of your arrival, you may check in any time after 9:00 a.m. Check out time is normally 11:00 a.m. However, if no one is checking in the day of your departure, you may check out around 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
• Garbage. All garbage is to be bagged and put at curb unless otherwise instructed by rules on refrigerator in home.
• Items left Behind. Copano Vacation Rentals is not responsible for any items left behind by renter. We will mail reasonable sized items at renter’s request and at renter’s cost plus $5.00.
• Right of Entry. Copano Vacation Rental Management reserves the right to enter the premises at all reasonable hours with the knowledge of the renter for the purpose of repairs and alterations to the premises.
• Termination. This Agreement and the tenancy hereby granted may be terminated at any time by Copano Vacation Rental Management if we deem it necessary.
• Attorney’s Fees. The prevailing party in an action brought for the recovery of rent or other moneys due or to become due under this lease or by reason of a breach of any covenant herein contained or for the recovery of the possession of said premises, or to compel the performance of anything agreed to be done herein, or to recover for the damages to said property, or to enjoin any act contrary to the provision hereof, shall be awarded all of the costs in connection therewith including, but not by way of limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees.
• Liability. Copano Vacation Rental Management nor the owner of the home is not responsible to renter, renter’s guests, family, or occupants for any damages, injuries, or losses to person or property caused by fire, flood, water leaks, ice, snow, hail, winds, explosion, smoke, interruption of utilities, theft, burglary, robbery, assault, vandalism, condition of the property, environmental contaminants, or other occurrences or casualty.